Ofsted Parent View
Ofsted Parent View gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think of your child’s school, including:
- how happy your child is at the school
- how the school manages bullying or challenging behaviour
If your child has special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), we will ask how well the school supports them.
The questionnaire can be completed at any time - you don’t have to wait until the school is being inspected.
OFSTED will use your responses to help plan inspections. The information you provide can:
- inform discussions inspectors have with school leaders during an inspection
- help Ofsted decide when to inspect a school
In addition to this, OFSTED also publish the overall summary of the responses to Ofsted Parent View. This information is anonymised.
The survey asks parents to respond to 14 statements and questions.
1. My child is happy at this school.
2. My child feels safe at this school.
3. The school makes sure its pupils are well behaved.
4. My child has been bullied and the school dealt with the bullying quickly and effectively.
5. The school makes me aware of what my child will learn during the year.
6. When I have raised concerns with the school they have been dealt with properly.
7. Does your child have special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)? (yes or no)
If yes, the survey asks parents how strongly they agree with this statement: ‘My child has SEND, and the school gives them the support they need to succeed.’
8. The school has high expectations for my child.
9. My child does well at this school.
10. The school lets me know how my child is doing.
11. There is a good range of subjects available to my child at this school.
12. My child can take part in clubs and activities at this school.
13. The school supports my child’s wider personal development.
14. I would recommend this school to another parent. (yes or no)
The Ofsted questionnaire is accessible at Ofsted Parent View